The NDA Government’s ambitious national programme of Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao (Save girl child-Educate girl child) campaign launched on 22nd Jan 2015 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi from Panipat in Haryana, the state with the lowest sex ratio.
The Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao scheme aim is to check the declining sex ratio in Haryana and across the country and correct the imbalance.
The campaign will be implemented in 100 districts of the country, including 12 of Haryana where the number of girl child is dismally low.
The districts of Haryana where the scheme will be launched are — Mahendergarh, Jhajjar, Rewari, Sonepat, Ambala, Kurukshetra, Rohtak, Karnal, Yamuna Nagar, Kaithal, Bhiwani and Panipat
A reward of Rs 1 crore will be given for the “innovative” village which attains a balanced sex ratio. District Commissioner or ambassadors of the campaign will also be suitably rewarded by the Government
Modi’s speech Highlights at the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign launch:
- As a society we all have a responsibility. We have to be aware.
- I am glad Maneka ji and her team selected Haryana. And I congratulate the CM to accept the challenge. The message is for entire nation.
- If we don’t realise the crisis brought by female foeticide, our coming generations will face a major problem.
- People want educated daughters-in-law but think several times before educating their daughters. How can this go on.
- We do not have the right to kill the girl child.
- I appeal to doctors not to carry out sex determination tests.
- India’s PM is standing in front of you as a beggar. I have come here to beg for the life of the girl child.
- The thought that only a son will take care of you during your old age is incorrect.
- Let’s not look back and shift blame, lets wake up and work together to get rid of this scourge.
- Beta Beti Ek Samaan…this should be our Mantra.
- Madhuri ji is here with. Her mother is unwell but she is in Panipat. She is here with a message to save the girl child.