The Telangana state CM K Chandrashekar Rao announced Salary increments of Zilla Parishad chair persons, ZPTC members, MPTC members , GHMC Mayors, and even Councilors.
ZP chairman will have a salary of Rs. One lakh instead of just Rs.7500 as of now. So will be the mayor of local bodies at Rs.50,000. While ZPTC members get Rs.10,000, the MPTC members will get Rs 5000.
Similarly, the Deputy mayor will get Rs. 25,000 (against Rs.8000 now ) Corporators will get Rs 6000 (against Rs. 4000).
The statement made by the Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao in the Telanagna Assembly today hiking the salaries of the local body representatives.
MPTC, ZPTC and GHMC Mayor Salaries
- Zilla Parishad (ZP) Chairman 7500 to 1 Lakh
- Zilla Parishad Territorial Constituency (ZPTC) 2250 to 10000
- Mandal Praja Parishad (MPP) 1500 to 10000
- Mandal Parishad Territorial Constituencies (MPTC) 750 to 5000
- Village Sarpanchas 1000 to 5000
- GHMC Mayor and Other Mayors 14000 to 50000
- Deputy Mayor’s 8000 to 25000
- Municipal Corporation (Corporators) 4000 to 6000
- Special grade municipality Chair Person’s 10000 to 15000
- Other municipality Chair Person’s 5000 to 7500
- Vice – Chair Person’s 3200 to 5000
- Special Grade Councillors 2200 to 3500
- Other Councillors 1800 to 2500