G. Venkataswamy Profile formally known as KAKA, he was born 5th October 1929 was a member of the 14th Lok Sabha of India.
He represented the MP 7 times from Peddapalli constituency of Telangana and is a member of the Indian National Congress (INC) political party.
He is popularly known as Kaka or Gudisela Venkataswamy.
Both his sons Gaddam Vinod, former MLA and Gaddam Vivekananda, is an MP from Peddapalli constituency. And Vivek owned V6 News Channel.
G. Venkataswamy Profile
G. Venkataswamy Profile Political Profile
- 1957- 62 and 1978-84 Member, Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly (two terms)
- 1967 Elected to 4th Lok Sabha
- 1969 – 71 Member, Public Accounts Committee
- 1971 Re-elected to 5th Lok Sabha (2nd term)
- Feb. 1973 – Nov. 1973 Union Deputy Minister, Labour and Rehabilitation
- Nov. 1973-March 1977 Union Deputy Minister, Supply and Rehabilitation
- 1977 Re-elected to 6th Lok Sabha (3rd term)
- 1978 – 1982 Cabinet Minister, Labour and Civil Supply, Andhra Pradesh
- 1982 – 1984 President, P.C.C.(I.), Andhra Pradesh
- 1989 Elected to 9th Lok Sabha (4th term)
- 1990 – 1991 Member, Committee on the Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Industry
- 1991 Re-elected to 10th Lok Sabha (5th term)
- 21June1991-17Jan.1993 Union Minister of State, Rural Development
- 18Jan.1993-10 Feb.1995 Union Minister of State, Textiles (Independent Charge)
- 10 Feb.1995-15 Sep.1995 Union Cabinet Minister, Textiles
- 15 Sep.1995-10 May1996 Union Cabinet Minister, Labour
- 20 Feb. 1996-16 May1996 Union Cabinet Minister, Labour and Textiles
- 1996 Re-elected to 11th Lok Sabha (6th term)
- 2002-2004 President, A.I.C.C. (SC&ST)
- 2004 Re-elected to 14th Lok Sabha (7th term)
- 2009 No ticket to 15th lok Sabha
- Deputy Leader Congress Parliamentary Party, Lok Sabha
- Member, Committee on Energy
- Member, Committee on Installation of Portraits/Statues of National Leaders, Parliamentarians in Parliament House Complex
- Member, Committee on Ethics
- Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Heavy Industries
- 5 Aug. 2007 onwards Member, Standing Committee on Energy
Social And Cultural Activities
Founded, (i) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Post Graduate Centre, (ii) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Degree College, (iii) Law College, (iv) Junior College, (v) High School ; General Secretary, National Huts Union, Hyderabad; provided permanent accommodation for 75,000 hut dwellers; Founder President, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Education Society which was later converted into Public Education Trust and inaugurated by the then President of India Shri V.V. Giri in 1973; under this society 9 Colleges are running without taking donations.