Hyderabad Metro Rail 2nd Phase: The Telangana state Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao given Green Signal to expand the Hyderabad Metro Rail Project to 2 Phase.
He observed that the current metro project under construction would not be sufficient considering the current growth of the city into the suburbs.
Areas like Ghatkesar, Tirumalagiri, Hayatnagar, Patancheru and others should also be covered, he said and wanted the L&T officials who met him on Monday to prepare a plan to connect them to the forthcoming network.
Hyderabad Metro Rail 2nd Phase Route Plans
The Expand New Metro Rail Route 82.6 KM
The work for Phase II is expected to begin in 2015. It includes a stretch of about 80 km. The proposed routes included in Phase II are:
- Miyapur – BHEL – Patanchervuu – 15 km
- Faluknama – Shamshabad Airport – 12 km
- LB Nagar – Vanasthalipuram – 4 km
- ECIL – Tarnaka – 7 km
- Nagole – LB Nagar – Faluknama – 15 km
- JNTU – Shilparamam – Gacchibowli – 14 km
- JBS – Alwal – 8 km
- Gachibowli – ToliChowk – Lakdikapul – 17 km
Hyderabad Metro Rail Highlights
- Elevated world-class metro stations at a distance of approximately every kilometre.
- It will connect major bus stations such as MGBS, Miyapur, Dilsukhnagar, Charminar Koti and Jubilee Bus Station.
- Feeder bus services to metro stations from several areas are planned by GoT.
- It connects all the major retail, offices and residential areas.
- It is an eco-friendly mode of transport and reduces carbon, fuel emission.
- It is connected to rail terminals at Nampally, Secunderabad and Begumpet.
- Automatic ticket vending machine and fare collection system.
- There are other facilities too like air conditioners, lifts, staircases, toilets, facilities for disabled, public address and information system and many more.
Hyderabad Metro Rail 2nd Phase Route Map