The Hyderabad Police launched new app (‘Hyderabad City Police-Lost Report) to help report lost items, to issue digitally-signed police reports regarding lost or missing articles and documents. “It is part of citizen-friendly policing services by the city police,” said commissioner M Mahendar Reddy.
The application named ‘Hyderabad City Police-Lost Report’, available from Monday, hopes to allow citizens to report missing documents or articles free of cost without visiting a police station.
“With the help of this application, the citizens can directly file a report to the police through online service without approaching to the police station or Mee-Seva centre. The police will register all the details furnished by the citizens through this application and issue a report which is digitally signed online within three days.
The complainant can download the report issued by the police to the mobile phones and the copy of the report will be sent to the registered e-mail of the complainant,” CP, Hyderabad M Mahender Reddy said adding that in the first phase police would issue reports on Aadhar card, bank passbook, bank cheque book, camera, cell phones, computer, debit/credit card, driving license, i-pad, laptop, marks memo, transfer certificate, SIM card, PAN card, vehicle fitness certificate, vehicle insurance, share certificate, voter ID, etc.
“A nodal officer in the rank of Additional DCP (Crimes) will receive all complaints who in turn would designate an officer to verify the veracity of the complaints and would approve or reject the report and in both cases information would be sent to the complainant within three days,” the CP added. Background information is required to approve or reject the request made by the complainant.
The details of individual will be compared with Aadhar details and citizens would be provided user login ids. Through this login, the user department can check the veracity of the individual’s report, Reddy briefed.
Further the CP cautioned that the application was meant for reporting only in case of misplaced/lost articles or documents and whoever furnishes false information to police would be prosecuted.
Source:The Hans India
As a part of Citizen Friendly Policing Services, Hyderabad City Police takes one more step forward by launching a Mobile App “Hyderabad City Police-Lost Report” to facilitate Citizens of Hyderabad City for reporting to police about loss of Document(s)/Articles(s) Lost/Missed and obtaining a report from Police for applying duplicate document(s)/claiming insurance of article(s) lost/missed their Mobiles (Cell Phones).
Process to get Police Report through this App:
- Citizens to download the App, first into their Mobiles.
- User has to register himself/herself in the App for enabling them to report to police online about loss of Articles/Documents.
- User can report for multiple documents(s)/Article(s).
- After entry of all the details, the user can submit details and get receipt of Confirmation into the mobiles thorough App and also to the respective emailID.
- A Nodal Officer, in the rank of Addl. DCP Crimes will receive all the Complaints.
- The Addl. DCP Crimes will designate an Officer to verify the veracity of the Complaint and will approve or reject the Report.
- If approved, user will immediately receive Digitally Signed Police Report through App & mail.
- If rejected, reasons for rejection will be received through e-mail.
- Time required to issue/reject report will take maximum 3 working days.
Highlights of the Report:
- Report is Digitally Signed Document.
- Report will have Photo of the Applicant which is provided in Aadhar Database.
- Report will have Aadhar Number and Name mentioned in Aadhar Card.
- Report will have unique verification Key No for any future reference.
Benefits to the Citizens:
- Citizens need not go to Police Station to file a Complaint for any lost Articles/Documents to get Police Report.
- This is a free App, there is no need pay any charges.
- Cost & Time saving to Citizens.
- All services are available with mobile phone
Source: google play store