A National Career Counselling Skill Development programme Portal, which can inform the youth about the job opportunities through Short Messaging Service (SMS), will be launched very soon said by Union Minister for Labour & Employment Bandaru Dattatreya.
Speaking after inaugurating a career counselling and skill development programme for the youth at Kamala Nehru Polytechnic here on Sunday, the Minister said employment exchanges all over the country will get facelift soon.
As per the data available, only 1.9 per cent of the country’s population completed technical education and training, where as in China, Japan and Germany this is more than 70 per cent, 50 per cent and 30 per cent respectively.
To train the youth, the government of India also signed a MoU with Government of Germany. The training enables the youth, to get employment directly in that country, he said.
National Career Counselling Skill Development programme Details
The objective of this Scheme is to encourage skill development for youth by providing monetary rewards for successful completion of approved training programs. Specifically, the Scheme aims to:
- encourage standardization in the certification process and initiate a process of creating a registry of skills; and
- increase productivity of the existing workforce and align the training and certification to the needs of the country.
- provide Monetary Awards for Skill Certification to boost employability and productivity of youth by incentivizing them for skill trainings
- reward candidates undergoing skill training by authorized institutions at an average monetary reward of ₹ 10,000 (Rupees Ten Thousand) per candidate.
- benefit 10 lakh youth at an approximate total cost of ₹ 1,000 Crores.
NSDC Key Features
- This Scheme shall be implemented through Public-Private and Public-Public partnerships.
- NSDC will be the implementing agency for this Scheme and NSDF shall monitor the implementation of the Scheme, using mutually agreed criteria with NSDC.
- The Scheme will provide monetary incentives for successful completion of, market-driven skill training to approximately ten lakh youth in in a span of one year from the date of implementation of the scheme.
- All trainings will be specifically oriented for developing skills in specific growth sectors.
- Assessment and training bodies for all purposes of the Scheme will be separate and no overlap of roles will be allowed to maintain transparency and objectivity.
- The monetary reward will be wholly funded by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India, and will be affected through direct bank transfer to the beneficiaries’ accounts.
- Appropriate consideration will be provided to the economically backward sections.
NSDC Eligible Sectors and Job Roles
a) While the Scheme is intended to cover all job roles in all sectors, it will initially cover only a limited number of high-market-demand Job Roles in specified economic sectors from Levels I to IV in the NVEQF/NSQF.
b) NOSs and QPs for these roles will be prepared by the respective SSCs, and will constitute 80% of the entry-level workforce in priority sectors.
For More INformation Please visit: nscsindia.org