Navodoya Entrance Test Exam 2015, JNVS Admissions 2015-16, Navodaya Entrance Test 2015 for admission into Class VI in Navodaya Vidyalayas for 2015-16.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Entrance Notification 2015 has been announced in each district of all States of India. This notification has been announced through press media by the NVS Regional Officials. NVS Officials will invite applications from eligible candidates for admission into class VI for academic year 2015-16.
How to get an Application Form: Application forms for admission may be made on the prescribed Application Form (attached with the prospectus) available free of cost from:
(i) Block Education Officer (BEO)
(ii) District Education Officer (DEO)
(iii) Headmaster of any Govt. / Govt. aided / Recognized Accredited Institute / Centre of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan / NIOS where he/she is studying.
(iv) Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
In case of non-availability of JNVST prescribed Application Form from the above, you may copy the format of Application Form on plain paper (preferably 21cm x 30cm) from our website at the address http://www.navodaya.nic.in or the newspaper advertisement and apply on it.
How to submit an Application Form : Duly filled in application form must reach the Block Education Officer latest by 31st October 2014. It shall be signed by the Head of the recognized school/Special Education Scheme (Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan) where the child is studying in Class-V, on or before 31st October 2014 (Candidates are advised to get the acknowledgement from the BEO at the time of submission of Application Form).
Issue of Admit Cards: Admit Cards, duly prepared by the Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya will be issued to the candidates through the office of the Block Education Officer. Candidates, who do not receive their Admit cards one week before the JNVST should immediately contact to Principal, JNV/BEO/DEO for the same.
Result of the Selection Test: The result of JNV Selection Test 2015 is expected to be announced by end of May of the year of admission. The result will be displayed in the offices of the concerned (i) Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (ii) District Education Officer (iii) District Magistrate (iv) Deputy Commissioner, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti of the Region. The Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya concerned, will also inform the selected candidates through registered post. The result will also be displayed on website of the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti at the address http://www.navodaya.nic.in
SELECTION AND ADMISSION
- Selection in the test will not vest any right on the candidates to secure admission into the JNV. At the time of seeking actual admission, each selected candidate will have to produce all relevant certificates, as prescribed by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. Until admission, the selection is provisional.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti shall be final and binding on the candidates.
- Marks obtained by candidates (both selected and unselected) in the test are not communicated.
- There is no provision for re-evaluation of the answer scripts. Since the result is processed through computer and sufficient care is taken to ensure accuracy through various checks in processing the result, no request for re-totaling of marks will be entertained.
- It may also be noted by the candidates and their parents/guardians that under the scheme of JNVs, students of a JNV located in Hindi speaking State may have to be migrated to another JNV in Non-Hindi Speaking State and vice-versa for one academic year when the students are promoted to Class IX. In case of refusal from the students selected for migration, continuation of such students in JNV will not be allowed.
- The candidates and their parents/guardians may note that the children selected on the basis of the Test will be admitted only in the JNV located in the district from where they are appearing at the JNVST. Under no circumstances, the selected candidate will be given admission to any other JNV. No request for shifting of students on account of medium of instruction in the JNV concerned, shifting of parents/guardians to other district(s) State(s) etc. will be entertained.
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) will have to produce a certificate of the Caste/Tribe at the time of seeking admission, if selected. Such certificate should be procured from the competent authority before 15th July, of the year of seeking admission so that it may be submitted to the Principal of concerned JNV at the time of admission.
- Candidates belonging to the disabled category (Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and Visually Handicapped) if selected will have to produce a medical certificate signed by Chief Medical Officer of the District concerned at the time of admission.
- Candidates belonging to the disabled category (Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and Visually Handicapped) can seek admission in the district in which they are studying in Class V on regular basis at the time of applying for JNVST or their native district where his/her parents are residing.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
FOR ALL CANDIDATES:
- Only the candidates from the district concerned where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened are eligible to apply for admission. However, the district where JNV is opened and is bifurcated at a later date, the old boundaries of the district are considered for the purpose of eligibility for admission into JNVST, in case a new Vidyalaya has not started in newly bifurcated district as yet.
- A candidate seeking admission must not have been born before 01-05-2002 and after 30-04-2006. This will apply to candidates of all categories, including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs). In case of doubt of overage candidate seeking admission, they may be referred to the Medical Board for confirmation of the age. The decision of the Medical Board will be final.
- A candidate appearing for the selection test must be studying in Class-V for the whole of the academic session 2014-15 in a Government/Government aided or other recognized schools or ‘B’ certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling in the same district where he/she is seeking admission. A school will be deemed recognized if it is declared so by the Government or by any other agency authorized on behalf of Government. The Schools receiving financial assistance under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan should be sponsored by Govt. or Govt. authorized agencies. Schools where students have obtained ‘B’ certificate under National Institute of Open Schooling should have accreditation of NIOS. A candidate must successfully complete Class-V in the session 2014-15. Actual admission in Class-VI for the session 2015-16 will be subject to this condition.
- A Candidate claiming admission under rural quota must have studied and passed classes III, IV and V from a Govt. / Govt. aided / recognized school spending one full academic session each year in a school located in rural area.
- Candidates who will be passing ‘B’ certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling on or before 30th September, 2014 are also eligible to write admission test provided they are in the prescribed age group. The forms of such candidates will be verified by DEO/DIOS. The rural status of a child from National Institute of Open Schooling will be decided on the basis of a certificate to be issued by Tehsildar/District Magistrate of the District indicating that the child has been residing in rural areas for the last three years. Students studying under the above scheme from urban and notified areas are not eligible for obtaining seat in rural quota.
- A Candidate who has not been promoted and admitted to Class-V before 30th September, 2014 is not eligible to apply.
- No candidate is eligible to appear in the selection test second time, under any circumstances.
The parents of the children who qualify the Selection Test will have to submit following at the time of admission:
- Affidavit/Residence Certificate in prescribed Performa in addition to other documents demanded by the concerned Vidyalaya.
- For candidates seeking admission under rural quota, the parents will also have to submit an affidavit to the effect that the child is studying in an Institute located in a notified rural area and that they are residing in a notified rural area.
FOR RURAL CANDIDATES:
- At least 75% of the seats in a district will be filled by candidates selected from rural areas and remaining seats will be filled from the urban areas of the district.
- A candidate seeking admission under the rural quota must have studied in Classes-III, IV and V completing full academic session from the recognized school(s) located in rural areas.
- Candidates studying under the National Institute of Open Schooling should produce their rural status certificate issued by District Magistrate/ Tehsildar/Block Development Officer.
FOR URBAN CANDIDATES
A Candidate who has studied in a school located in an urban area even for a single day of session in Class-III, IV and V will be considered as an urban candidate. Urban areas are those which are so defined in 2001 census or through a subsequent Government Notification. All other areas will be considered as rural.
RESERVATION OF SEATS
- a) At least 75% of the seats in a district are filled by candidates selected from rural areas and remaining seats are filled from urban areas of the district.
- b) Reservation of seats in favour of children belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes is provided in proportion to their population in the concerned district provided that no district, such reservation will be less than the national average (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST) but subject to maximum of 50% for both the categories (SC & ST) taken together. These reservations are interchangeable and over and above the candidates selected under open merit.
- c) One third of the total seats are filled up by girls.
- d) There is a provision for reservation of 3% seats for ** disabled children (i.e. Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and Visually Handicapped).
** “Blindness” refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions namely:-
- (i) Total absence of sight; or
- (ii) Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses; or
- (iii) Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse.
** “Hearing Impairment” means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
** “Locomotor disability” means disability of the bones joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy.
**“Person with disability” means a person suffering from not less than forty percent of any disability as certified by a medical authority.
JNV Selection Test -2015 Schedule
JNV Selection Test for admission to Class-VI in JNVs for the academic session 2015-16 will be held as per following schedule. The last date for submission of Application Form in BEO’s Office is 31st October 2014.
A. On Saturday, the 07th February, 2015 at 11.30 A.M. in the State of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Assam, Bihar, West Bengal (except Darjeelin0g) Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh (except Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Shimla Districts), Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tripura, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Arunachal Pradesh (except Tawang District), Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Lakshadweep and Pondicherry .
B. On Saturday, the 11th April, 2015 at 11.30 A.M. in the States of Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim ,Jammu and Kashmir (except Leh & Kargil) and in the District of Tawang of Arunachal Pradesh, in the Districts of Chamba, Sirmour, Kullu, Kinnaur, Mandi, Shimla of Himachal Pradesh, in the District of Darjeeling of West Bengal.
C. On Saturday, the 06th June, 2015 at 11.30 A.M. in the Districts of Leh, Kargil of J&K State and in the District of Lahaul & Spiti of Himachal Pradesh State.
Last date for submission of Application Form in BEO’s Office: 31-10-2014
More details available on Official website: http://navodayahyd.gov.in/index1.html