OU 100 Years Celebrations Live Updates: Osmania University to celebrate centenary in 2017. One of the Great Educational institution in the country, Osmania University is all set to conduct its centenary celebrations from April 26 to 28 2017.
President of India, Pranab Mukherjee will be attending the programme as Chief Guest in the inaugural programme on April 26. Special officer for the centenary celebrations H Venkateshwarlu told Press Trust of India that the university which was established in 1917 with just 25 faculty members and 225 students, currently has over 10,000 students and 1,200 teaching staff.
OU 100 Years Celebrations Live Updates
The inaugural programme will be presided by Governor of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh States ESL Narasimhan. Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao, Union Minister of State for Labour and Employment Bandaru Dattatreya, Telangana Dy Chief Minister & Minister for Education Kadiyam Srihari, Rajya Sabha Member Dr. K Keshava Rao, and Dr. Bonthu Rammohan, Mayor, GHMC, Hyderabad will guests of honour.
- The university has been lately preparing to mark the celebration of attaining 100 years in 2017
- The university has approached both the state and the Union Human Resource Ministry for funds after learning the HRD Ministry extended Rs 100 crore to universities that has completed 100 years
- On the occasion the university will facilitate 100 luminaries who were once a student of OU
- It is been speculated that the Union Minister of Labour and Employment, Bandaru Dattatreya has urged the HRD Ministry citing in a letter to extend Rs 175 crore for the celebration to Osmania University for centenary celebration
- “The year 2017-18 will be the glorious years in the history of Osmania University as it will be entering in its centenary year. It is time to acknowledge the services rendered by the university to the nation building. It is also time to improve the university’s infrastructure, such as buildings, laboratories, hostels, sports facilities etc to commemorate with the stature as one of the biggest state universities in India and to meet the ever growing needs of the university,” said the letter
OU 100 Years Logo
OU Centenary Celebrations | V6 Special Story