The PM awards for excellence in public administration have been instituted by the Government of India to acknowledge, recognize and reward the good work done by State and Central Governments. In this subject the Government of Telangana State, General Administration Department has issued G.O.Ms.No.146 on 25-10-2014. In this regarding a Committee has been constituted for selection of nominations for recommending to Govt. of India. This Orders details are provided here.
Prime Minister’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration.
From the Secretary to Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Dept. of Admn. Reforms & Public Grievances, File No.K-11021/01/2014-AR, dated.22-8-2014 & 13.10.2014.
The Govt. of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, New Delhi, in their D.O Letter read above have informed that the Government of India has introduce “PM’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration” in order to recognize extraordinary and innovative work done by the officers of the Central and State Governments, individually, or as a group or as organizations and these awards will be announced on the occasion of Civil Services Day i.e., on 26th January every year. According to the Scheme, the awards will be given in the following each of six areas:
1. Implementation of innovative Schemes/projects.
2. Bringing perceptible systematic changes and building up institutions,
3. Making public delivery systems efficient and corruption free.
4. Showing innovation and adaptation to meet the stakeholders requirements,
5. Extraordinary performance in emergent situations like floods, earthquake etc.
6. Setting high standards of services and continued improvement, showing high leadership qualities and improving employee motivation etc.
According to the guidelines relating to the award, the State Government have to constitute a State level committee to shortlist their nominations and verify the facts before forwarding the nominations to the Central Govt.
Committee for Screening the Proposals
Accordingly, the Government hereby constitute a Committee with the following Officers for screening the proposals and making its recommendations to the Government for recommending to the Government of India for “PM’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration” on the occasion of Civil Services Day every year.
1. Chief Secretary to Government: Chairman
2. Principal Secretary to Govt., Home Dept: Member
3. Principal Secretary to Govt.(R &E), Finance Dept.: Member
4. Prl. Chief Conservator of Forest, Telangana: Member
5. Prl. Secretary to Govt. (Poll), Genl. Admn Dept.: Member/Convener
Download the GO.146 Prime Minister’s Awards 2014