Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing children across the country on Teachers’ Day. After a speech in which he stressed on the need for more quality teachers, PM Modi took questions from students.
Here are some of his quotable quotes:
- I never thought (that I would become PM or famous in the world). I didn’t even run for class monitor back in school.
- Yes, I am a taskmaster and it is not that I don’t work hard myself.
- Work hard, play hard and sweat a lot at least four times a day. Don’t be glued to books all day.
- Never ever let the child in you die. This is the age when a small child thinks he can climb a wall.
- India is a young nation. Can’t we think of exporting good teachers? Why can’t our children think, ‘I want to be a good teacher’? What is the reason why a lot of people don’t want to be teachers? We must think about this. The world needs good teachers.
- ‘Google guru’ is mostly used these days. It may give information, but it doesn’t give knowledge.
- There was a time when teacher used to command great respect. The times have gradually changed. We need to restore how it used to be.
- Can there be any child who isn’t naughty? I was also naughty. We used to go to weddings and quietly staple people’s clothes together. But promise me you wouldn’t do such things.
- Serving the nation doesn’t mean dying for it or doing politics. You don’t need to do grand things. You can contribute by saving electricity and protecting the environment.
- I don’t consider politics a profession. It is a form of service. And the need to serve rises from a sense of belonging.