Rythu Bandhu Scheme Telangana – TS Rythu Bandhu Pathakam
Rythu Bandhu Scheme Telangana – TS Rythu Bandhu Pathakam, Rythu Bandhu Pathakam first phase of Cheque distribution program for farmers would be launched from May 10 2018.
Telangana Marketing Minister T Harish Rao said that the State government has decided to introduce Telangana Rythu Bandhu Scheme to provide interest – free loans of Rs 2 lakh to farmers for six months who store their produce in storage houses or godowns.
Rythu Bandhu Scheme Telangana
To prevent agriculturists from depending on trouble deals, Rythu Bandhu Pathakam has been introduced by Telangana Agriculture Department under the Agriculture Market Committees to provide finance to the farmers against pledge of their produce.
1. The Rythu Bandhu Scheme Telangana Government, under which, a financial assistance of Rs 4000 per acre would be given to the farmers at the beginning of every agricultural season, has caught the Centre’s attention. Under this scheme Rs 5685 crore would be spent covering 14.21 million acres.
Government have issued guidelines vide G.O’s for implementation of Rythu Bandhu Pathakam against pledge of stocks in Market Yard godowns to the farmers till they secure reasonable price for their produce.
2. The Commissioner & Director of Agricultural Marketing in his letter has informed that there is a need to enhance the advance amount from Rs. 1.00 Lakh to Rs. 2.00 Lakhs under Rythu Bandhu Pathakam without mortgage of land and need to lend interest free loans upto 180 days and Renewal period of Rythu Bandhu Pathakam Cards to be extended upto 5 years and requested for issue of necessary orders.
3. In the circumstances explained above, Government after careful consideration of the proposal of Commissioner & Director of Agricultural Marketing, Telangana, issue the following revised guidelines for implementation of Rythu Bandhu Pathakam in the interest of farming community duly following the other conditions stipulated in the G.O.
TS Rythu Bandhu Pathakam Details
- Every farmers shall be eligible for the pledge loan subject to maximum of Rs. 2.00 Lakhs or 75% of the value of the pledged stock whichever is less without Mortgage of Land.
- Renewal period of Rythu Bandhu Card is extended from (3) years to (5) years.
- The following interest shall be levied on the loans taken under Rythu Bandhu Pathakam.
- Up to 180 days – no interest will be charged.
- From 180 days to 270 days – 12% interest will be charged.
- After 270 days the Market Committee shall have the right to dispose off the produce and recover the loan from the sale proceeds.
Visit official website for more infromation