Rythu Lakshmi Scheme Wiki, Eligibility, Documents required & How to apply
Rythu Lakshmi Scheme Wiki, Eligibility, Documents required & How to apply: Telangana CM K Chandrasekhar Rao introduced another scheme for the welfare of the farmers. He named the Rythu Lakshmi Scheme offering Rs 4,000 per Acre to the farmers for investment purpose as ‘Rythu Lakshmi’.
Rythu Lakshmi Scheme
Rythu Lakshmi scheme also Farmers’ Investment Support Scheme (FISS) is a welfare program to support farmers input subsidy for a crop by the Government of Telangana. The government will provide ₹4000 per acre per season to take care of the expenditure on inputs. This is the first ever such scheme in India.
The Rythu Lakshmi scheme offers a financial help of ₹8,000 per year to each farmer (two crops). There is no cap on the number of acres as over 97% of farmers have less than 10 acres per person. It will launch just before kharif season in April 2018 and for Rabi in November.
Rythu Lakshmi Scheme Benefits
- Financial assistance of Rs. 8,000 per acre to be provided to all the farmers in the state
- The amount will be provided in 2 installments of Rs. 4,000 each
- Rs. 4,000 to be provided at the start of Kharif season
- Remaining amount Rs. 4,000 will be provided at the start of Yasangi season
- With the financial assistance farmers dont need to take any loans for sowing
- The money can be used to buy seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, labour etc
- Since major cost of agriculture is covered by the Rythu Lakshmi Scheme, loan waivers etc are not required and farmers can use their own money for other developmental purposes
- The scheme is expected to reduce farmer suicides
- RLS / FISS is expected to increase the farmers earnings
- Insurance cover of Rs. 5 lakh each is provided to all the farmers in the state
Rythu Lakshmi Scheme Implementation
- A budget of Rs. 12,000 crores is allocated for the scheme
- The cheques will be distributed in 3 phases
- The cheques distribution will begin on April 19th 2018
- The government has established Rythu Samanvaya Samiti is establish to identify the beneficiaries and distribute cheques
- Mr. Gutha Sukhender Reddy is appointed as chairman of the committee
- The scheme will benefit all 1.43 crore farmers in the state
- The scheme covers 1.63 crore acres of land in the state
Rythu Lakshmi Scheme Eligibility
- All the farmers who are residents of the state of Telangana are eligible for the scheme
- There is no min or max cap on the land holding. Every farmers rich or poor or belonging to any caste or socio-economic status are eligible for the scheme
Rythu Lakshmi Scheme (RLS): Documents Required and How to Apply/Register?
- The state government via Rythu Samanvaya Samiti will provide land ownership passbook based on the land ownership to all the farmers in the state
- Rythu Samanvaya Samiti will work with the state revenue department to comeup with the list of beneficiaries
- The Land Ownership Passbook will have all the details of the farmers such as name, AADHAAR details, land holding size, land survey number etc
- Based on the Land Ownership Passbook Rythu Lakshmi Scheme subsidy will be provided