Telangana State IT Minister: The Ministry of Information Technology is an Telangana State government ministry.
The Information Technology Department was created as part of the Finance & Planning (Plg. Wing) Department vide G.O.Rt.No.2025 G.A. (Spl. A) Department dated 09-05-97.
During September 2000 the Information Technology & Communications (IT&C) Department was given an independent status vide G.O. Ms. NO. 12, IT&C Dept dt. 11.09.2000.
Telangana State IT Minister
Sri Kalvakuntla Taraka Rama Rao, Cabinet Minister for Information Technology and Panchayat Raj, has been representing Sircilla Assembly Constituency since 2009.
Sri K.T. Rama Rao was born in Siddipet, Telangana, on July 24, 1976, and grew up in politically and socially active environment. He has completed his schooling from St. George’s Grammar School, Hyderabad. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology from Nizam College, Hyderabad.
He has two post-graduate degrees – M.Sc. in Biotechnology from University of Pune and the other is MBA in Marketing and E-Commerce from Baruch College-City, University of New York, New York.
Telangana IT & C Department’s core functions are:
- Formulation of IT policy
- Focal point of IT related investment
- Promoting and Facilitating e-Governance and Smart Cities
- Stimulating entrepreneurship and facilitating students’ training /reskilling
- Department level coordination for IT applications / projects
- Planning and Coordination of all IT projects in the government
- Appraisal of new technologies and prescribing uniform standards
- Prioritization of departmental IT programs
- Technical support to government departments
- Pro-active promotion of IT in governance
- Participation / organisation of IT events
- Publication of promotional material
- IT-enabled services
- Management of all major networks in government
- Geographical Information system
- IT and IT-enabled education
- Citizen-centric projects of E-governance
Telangana IT Minister Office address
Sri K. Taraka Rama Rao,
Hon’ble Minister for IT