Telangana Aasara Pension Scheme Eligibility & Amount Details
Aasara Pension Scheme Eligibility & Amount Criteria GO.17 , this is new social safety net scheme proposed by the Telangana government shall be called Aasara Pension Scheme and shall be effective from October 1, 2014.
Telangana Aasara Pension Scheme Details
Government hereby fix the pension amount per month for the following categories of pensioners as detailed below:
Category and Monthly Pension Amount (Rs.)
- Old Age: 1000
- Widow: 1000
- Disabled: 1500
- Weavers: 1000
- Toddy Tappers: 1000
- Persons with HIV-AIDS: 1000
Telangana Aasara Pension Eligibility Criteria
1 Type of Pension: Old Age.
- Eligibility: 65 years age and above.
- Eligibility Requirements during Verification:Age should be as per age criteria given above.
- Should be established clearly by documentary evidence such as birth certificate, electoral roll, Aadhaar card or any document which shows the proof of age.
- If no document is available for the proof of age, the verification officer must be able to arrive through a rational assessment of the age by corroborating with other factors such as age of children, grandchildren’s marriage etc.
- In case of indeterminate persons, they shall be referred to Medical Board for assessment of age through tests such as ossification and recorded documentation of the same.
2. Type of Pension: Weavers, Eligibility: Age 50 years and above.
3. Type of Pension: Widow.
- Age 18 years and above.
- Death certificate of her husband.
- Every year updation on remarriage for young widows (up to 45 Years)
Eligibility Requirements during Verification:
- For widow pensions, the death certificate of the spouse is a must to be eligible.
- Where the death certificateis not available a local enquiry may be made following which the death certificate as per the birth and death registration act will have to be obtained in the next three months. In case of remarriage, the Village Secretaries must certify every year that the individual has not remarried
4. Type of Pension: ToddyTappers
- Eligibility: Age 50 years and above.
- Eligibility Requirements during Verification: For Toddy tapper pensions the verification should be confirmed whether the beneficiary is a registered member in the Co-Operative Society of Toddy Tappers
5. Type of Pension: Pension to persons with HIVAIDS (ART pension)
- Eligibility: Who are undergoing Anti Retroviral Therapy (ART).
- Eligibility Requirements during Verification: Medical certificate from the concerned hospital that the applicant is a person with HIVAIDS
List of names can also be obtained from the ART Centre duly certified by the authority heading the center
6. Type of Pension: Differently Abled (persons with disabilities)
- Irrespective of age.
- Disabled persons having a minimum of 40% disability under SADAREM assessment.
- In case of Hearing Impaired, the minimum disability should be 51% (as per G.O.Ms No. 31 dt. 01-12-2009). (In case of a minor child, the pension shall be disbursed to the mother/father of the disabled child)
- Eligibility Requirements during Verification:
- For disability pensions, persons with a SADAREM certificate showing the degree of disability 40% and above are eligible.
- In case of Hearing impaired, the minimum disability should be 51%.
Socio – economic criteria
Aasara pensions are meant only for disadvantaged families who, in old age or upon being widowed have no earning member in the family. Earning members in the families are expected by law to look after their parents. Similarly, persons with disabilities are severely stymied by their levels of handicap that renders them to be ineffective and excluded by society and family; therefore, they need financial support. Accordingly, there is a need for exclusion and inclusion criterion to be taken in to consideration for the grant of social security pensions under the Aasara Scheme. The persons belonging to the households fulfilling one or more of the following conditions listed below shall not be eligible for Social Security Pensions:
- Having land more than 3.0 acres wet / irrigated dry or 7.5 acres dry.
- Having children who are Government / Public sector / Private sector employment / Out-sourced / contract;
- Having children who are Doctors, Contractors, Professionals and Self employed;
- Having large business Enterprise (oil mills, rice mills, petrol pumps, rig owners, shop owners etc.);
- Already receiving Government pensions or freedom fighter pensions;
- Owners of light and/or heavy automobiles (four wheelers and big vehicles.)
- Any other criterion in which the verification officer may assess by the manner of lifestyle, occupation and possession of assets rendering the household as ineligible.
C. Eligible for a pension
The households under the following socio-economic criteria and falling in the above age group must be considered for inclusion and hence, eligible for a pension, provided they are not in the exclusion list:
- Primitive and Vulnerable Tribal Groups;
- Women headed households with no able bodied earning members;
- Households having persons with disabilities;
- In respect of all pensions except disabled and widows, only one member (preferably the women) per household shall be eligible for a pension;
- Landless agriculture laborers, rural artisans/craftsmen (such as potters, tanners, weavers, blacksmiths, carpenters), slum dwellers, persons earning their livelihood on daily basis in the informal sector like porters, coolies, rickshaw pullers, hand cart pullers, fruit / flower sellers, snake charmers, rag pickers, cobblers, destitute’s and other similar categories irrespective of rural or urban areas;
- Homeless, houseless households residing in temporary informal establishments or huts especially in urban areas;
- Households headed by widows or terminally ill persons/disabled persons /persons aged 65 years or more with no assured means of subsistence or societal support and able bodied earning member.
Care should be taken not to miss out on any eligible person from the poorest of poor households like those who are living in thatched / plastic roof huts, landless and asset less poor living on daily wages and subsistence levels.